Monday, November 3, 2008

grace

Mark 14:22-26, Matthew 26:26-29, Luke 22:15-20, John 13:31-35, Mark 14:27-31, Matthew 26:30-35, Luke 22:31-38, John 13:36-15:17

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

The Lord gives us so much Grace!  Not only did He give us an infinite measure of Grace on the Cross, but He continues to give us Grace when we, like Simon Peter, profess our loyalty to Him when He knows full well that we will fail.  His patience with us is as infinite as His love.

It is my desire to seek Him, but I am so weak.  It is my desire to know Him, but am so ignorant.  It is my desire to live with Him, but I am so dead.  My only hope is that the Father replicates the Son in me:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

What does it mean to abide in Christ.  Thinking about the context of the vine, branches, and vinedresser, to abide in Christ is to be connected with Him in spirit so that His Holy Spirit is filling me with ZOE life and producing the Fruit of the Spirit in my life.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your incredible love, grace, and patience.  I pray that I will be captivated by your love expressed through Christ on Calvary and motivated by your love to share your love with people in my sphere of influence.  Jesus, I pray that I will know you as the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Holy Spirit, please keep me connected to Christ so that your essence may flow through me.  Father, please glorify yourself in me today.  I pray that I will live in constant expectation of Christ's return.  May I keep in step with the Holy Spirit.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment