Friday, November 7, 2008

calloused heart

Mark 15:6-15, Matthew 27:15-26, Luke 23:13-25, John 18:39-19:17, Mark 15:16-21, Matthew 27:27-32, Luke 23:26-32

Pilot tried to get out of a jam, but the Jews incited the crowd to demand Pilot to release Barabbas, and Pilot finally gave in to the crowd.  Peer pressure is powerful, especially when it is connected to your job.

As I read of Christ's interrogations before the Pharisees, Pilot, Herod, and Pilot again, I am nearly unmoved.  As I read of Christ being flogged and mocked, I am moved so little.  How can my heart be so hard towards the most incredible display of patience and love?  How can my heart be so calloused that I am not overwhelmed by the magnitude of His love.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please break my hard heart for the sin that broke Christ's flesh on the Cross.  May I be captivated and motivated by the pain and suffering He endured, and may I be empowered by His death and resurrection.  Please help me appreciate the reality of Christ's sufferings, not for the sake of emotional sensationalism but for the sake of the Gospel.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, by whose stripes we are healed.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment