Friday, August 24, 2012

professional opportunities

Romans 16:1-16

I attended a membrane conference in San Antonio the last two days.  Of course, I had the opportunity to network professionally, but I feel like I was also able to develop some relationships with some other professionals in a way where they know that I am a Christian, but I hope I did it in a way that they don't see me as a religious person.

Just before leaving for El Paso, I picked up a new professional colleague at the airport.  After I dropped her off, I invited her to join us at church sometime.  I hope she doesn't think that I just gave her a ride so that she would come to our church.  I think I need to be careful to not portray the image of a religious person.  I need to focus on showing people that they are valuable because they are people -  because God made them.  I need to make sure that they know that God cares about them.

As I read Romans 16, it impresses me how integrated and connected Paul was with the Body of Christ.  He really shared life with people.  I need to make sure that I and my family are sharing life with people.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to meet people and travel to great places.  Please help me clearly communicate your character and love for people.  I love you, and I want to be useful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment