Friday, August 17, 2012

personal and corporate

Romans 12:9-21

Chapters 1-11 and the first two verses of Chapter 12 focus mostly on theology that a person believes.  But then the focus shifts to corporate dynamics.

It seems to me that the faithful Christian life can neither be lived entirely personally (that is, removed from the body), nor entirely corporately (that is, never one-on-one time with the Lord).  I think we need a dynamic balance of solitude with the Lord and corporate fellowship.

Heavenly Father, please help me be faithful in personally seeking you through prayer and the scriptures, and please help me serve the body with the gifts that you have given me.  Lord, I want to experience your live, personally and corporately.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment