Thursday, August 30, 2012

sometimes you feel like a lump

1 Cor 5

Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

I don't particularly feel "unleavened"; I feel like my flesh is still trying to choke out the Spirit.  Of course, in the Spirit, we are supposed to put to death the flesh.  Mortal combat.  Somehow I'm new lump.  Not quite clear.

But Jesus being sacrificed for me is pretty clear.  His blood washes away my sins.  I can know the Father because Jesus has made me a son and a friend of God.  I want to walk in the joy of this relationship.

Heavenly Father, I want to know you and walk with you.  I want to hear you and obey you.  Lord, please help me listen to your Spirit.  May I be useful to you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment