Thursday, August 2, 2012

truth, goodness, and beauty

Romans 5:1-11
 
 1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. ... 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
 
Westminster Catachism:  Q. What is the chief end of man? A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.
 
I think the enjoyment part is pretty important.
 
I had a conversation with a friend who is a professor in Philosophy; he mentioned the truth, goodness, and beauty transcendentals.  Of course, as a follower of Christ, I think we find and experience all of these in Him.
 
Heavenly Father, please help me enjoy you.  I want to be full of joy.  I don't want to just be an empty, dead Pharisee.  I want to be full of your Spirit and full of joy - enjoying you.  I love you, and I want to walk with you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment