Friday, August 31, 2012

keep it clean

1 Cor 6

19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

This verse is obviously in the context of sexual purity, but I think it applies to general holiness. I need to think about the Holy Spirit living inside of me all the time.  So it goes beyond what we do or say to what is actually more important with respect to holiness which is what we think and want.

Heavenly Father, please help me consciously think about your presence.  Holy Spirit, please help me listen to you.  I love you, and I want you to move through me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment