Wednesday, August 29, 2012

living in power

1 Cor 4

20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

Which reminds me of the Lord's model prayer:

Pray then like this:

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10  Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
     on earth as it is in heaven.

On Sunday morning, Lance Ford from Forge America, challenged us to ask God to bring His Kingdom into our neighborhood.  He told the story of an elderly lady who prayed this prayer and started bringing homemade blueberry muffins to the school children waiting for the bus at her apartment complex in the mornings.  Lance went on to explain how she was able to minister to those children over the next year and made a big impact in her community.

I don't think walking in the Lord's power is as magical or mystical as we make it sometimes.  I think it is more about just doing stuff to show people the love of God.  I think we overcomplicate it.

Heavenly Father, please help me live in your power and practically live out your Kingdom here in my neighborhood and at my work.  Lord, I want to be a vessel that you will use to distribute yourself in my sphere of influence.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment