Thursday, January 28, 2016

dreams and promotion

Gen 40-41

Joseph faithfully carried out his responsibilities with excellence, even in the dungeon of a prison, even though he was sold into slavery and then falsely accused and sent to prison.  And God promoted Joseph from prisoner to CEO of the most powerful country in the world in the amount of time that it took him to shave and change his clothes.

I need to stop worrying so much about my circumstances or blaming other people for limitations in my work.  I need to do what I believe God is leading me to do, and do it with excellence.  I need to trust God for promotion in His timing, not mine.

Also, I am noticing a theme of God speaking to Joseph and Pharaoh through dreams.  God communicated the same concept through multiple dreams, and God interprets the dreams. 

Gen 41:38 So Pharaoh asked them, "Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the spirit of God?"

It is not explicitly clear whether or not God told Joseph what to do in response to Pharaoh's dreams or if Joseph applied his God-given wisdom to the situation, but either way, God used Joseph to save many people from starvation.  I want to pay more attention to my dreams and trust God to use me to help people.  I want to be known as one in whom is the Spirit of God.

Heavenly Father, thank you for speaking to us.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and activity in my life.  Lord Jesus, I want to live today to expand your Kingdom.  Please help me listen to you and obey.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment