Thursday, January 7, 2016

encouragement for using my spiritual gifts

I have the opportunity to preach this Sunday.  First time in a while.  I let myself get too busy with work.

I am preaching about Jesus being the Resurrection and the Life.  I shared with our homegroup on Tuesday night that I feel like the Lord wants to do something powerful through this message, and they laid hands on me and prayed for me.  This was very encouraging.

Yesterday morning, I talked through the main points over the phone with my dad, and the Lord gave me some insights while we were discussing.  It was a collaborative creation of the message, and it was very encouraging.

Fundamentally, I believe that I am responsible to share the message that the Lord has given me, and I need to trust that He is going to use that message to advance His Kingdom.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me this opportunity, and thank you for giving me encouragement.  Lord Jesus, I want to be a faithful herald of your Gospel and Kingdom.  Holy Spirit, empower me to preach with boldness in your love and power.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment