Tuesday, January 5, 2016

demonstrate that you are a disciple of Jesus by the way that you treat your children

I have been convicted recently that it should be evident to my children (and anyone observing my interactions with my children) that I am a disciple of Jesus.

It is easy for me to get frustrated when I tell one of my sons several times to do something before he finally does it.  And it is frustrating when one of my sons hurts another.  But I have to control my anger and not raise my voice at them or rush to discipline them.  I need the fruit of the Spirit, especially patience.

Heavenly Father, I want to love my children the way that you love them.  I want them to see you in me.  Lord Jesus, I want other people to know that I am your follower by the way that I care for my children.  Holy Spirit, please help me set my mind on you, not on my flesh.  Please produce your fruit in me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment