Monday, January 18, 2016

missional calling

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

When Brandi and I were still in Austin, our church had a Global Impact Celebration every two years, and in combination with the Perspectives course.  We responded in submission and "put our yes on the table", and two years later, we felt the Lord calling us to a life-commitment to global missions  At the time, we didn't feel any specificity, but we did feel like God made it explicitly clear that we were supposed to move to El Paso.

A couple of years ago (at our first Taste Retreat in May of 2014), Robin prophesied over us that we had a missional call on our lives, a call for our whole family.  This was really helpful for reminding me of the calling that we received in Austin.  He told us that he felt like the Lord was telling him that in a few years, the Lord would transition us to a new stage of ministry. 

Recently, I have been sensing a stirring in me to be more focused on helping people receive clean water and Living Water.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for calling us to serve you.  Lord Jesus, thank you for modeling sentness.  Holy Spirit, thank you for empowering us to go and share our story of how God has redeemed us.  Please help us listen to you, and give us faith to walk in obedience to your calling.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment