Tuesday, April 3, 2007

boldness to preach

 
Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my dad's favorite passages:
 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
 6 Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take.
 7 Don't be impressed with your own wisdom.
      Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
 
Mark 6 was particularly interesting this morning.  Jesus was rejected at Nazareth because everyone there thought they knew exactly who He was, "and [Jesus] was amazed at their unbelief."  I think this demonstrates His humanity and deity.  From a divine perspective He knew that their hearts were unbelieving, but from a human perspective He was amazed that they wouldn't believe Him because of their preconceived notions ( i.e., selfish pride and indignation).
 
Perhaps the most challenging verse this morning was Mark 6:12:
12 So the disciples went out, telling everyone they met to repent of their sins and turn to God.
Jesus sent out the disciples, and they obeyed Him.  They simply told "everyone they met to repent of their sins and turn to God".  Christ has given us the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20, but do we obey like the disciples did?
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for showing us the simplicity of obedience.  Help me humbly trust in You with all my heart.  Teach me to fear you and turn from evil.  Lord, give me boldness to preach the Gospel of Christ to everyone I meet.  Please give me boldness to share the simple, life-changing truths of repentance and Faith.  I pray in Jesus's Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment