Sunday, April 15, 2007

light to the nations

 
I was really captivated by a connection between Luke 1 and Luke 2:
 
Prophecy about John the Baptist:  Luke 1:76-79
 76 "And you, my little son,
      will be called the prophet of the Most High,
      because you will prepare the way for the Lord.
  77 You will tell his people how to find salvation
      through forgiveness of their sins.
 78 Because of God's tender mercy,
      the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
 79 to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
      and to guide us to the path of peace."
 
Prophecy about Jesus Christ:  Luke 2:30-32
 30 I have seen your salvation,
 31 which you have prepared for all people.
 32 He is a light to reveal God to the nations,
      and he is the glory of your people Israel!"
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please make me a man like John the Baptist.  I want to be used by you to "tell people how to find salvation through forgiveness of their sins."  Lord, thank you for the "morning light from heaven" that has broken upon us - a light to reveal God to the nations!  Lord, I want to share this Good News with the nations!  Please help me follow your will to "give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death."  May I guide them to our beautiful Saviour, Jesus Christ, Who is the "path of peace."  It is in His name that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment