Monday, April 9, 2007

challenging thoughts

 
Galatians 6:17 ... For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus.
 
Do I have proof that I serve Christ?  If I just fell dead right now while I was typing this blog, would anyone know that I'm a Christian besides the people that see me at church?  Am I truly living or only existing?  If someone scrutinized my weekly time schedule, would they see that I belong to Jesus?  If someone read a transcript of all the words I said last week, would they know I follow Christ?  Would there be a substantial difference between my speech at church and my speech the remainder of the week?  If someone analyzed my financial statement, would they know that I bring God's tithe and give offerings to expand God's Kingdom?
 
Honestly, what is my next step of Faith?  What is the next thing I need to work on in my walk with Christ?  Well, I know I need to be more bold about sharing the Gospel of Christ with everyone around me (which will obviously induce some friction in my relationships).  I know I need to be more kind to my wife so that I show the way Christ loves the Church.  I know I need to have a more systematic prayer life.  I need to memorize more scripture.  I need to seek God's guidance on the proper balance between work and ministry.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, are you pleased with me?  I ask you to grow me to where you want me to be.  Please make me aware of the things I am doing that you disapprove of.  Please show me what my next step of Faith is.  Please show me how and where you are leading me.  Help me follow you faithfully.  I ask in Jesus's Name.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    :P

    JAV

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:27 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete