Saturday, April 7, 2007

obey and live

 
Proverbs 7:1-3
 1 Follow my advice, my son;
      always treasure my commands.
 2 Obey my commands and live!
      Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
 3 Tie them on your fingers as a reminder.
      Write them deep within your heart.
 
Mark 10:26-27
26 The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked.
27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God."
 
Galatians 2:20
20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
 
Galatians 3:24-29
26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for Christ's death which provided The Way to eternal life, because without you it is impossible for me to manufacture my own salvation.  Help me obey your commands and live!  Help me live so that my old self is crucified and Christ lives in me.  I know this is only possible by Faith in Christ - trusting your love and grace.  Thank you for the promise of being a Child of God through faith in Jesus.  Thank you for baptising me into life with Christ.  I pray that my life will be an example of your joy and peace.  I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment