Monday, April 23, 2007

evangelism

Proverbs 23, Luke 10, 1 Timothy 6, 2 Timothy 1

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don't be ashamed of me, either, even though I'm in prison for him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News. 9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 10 And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior. He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News. 11 And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News. 12 That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. 13 Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me—a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus. 14 Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you. (2 Timothy 1:7-14)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for being gracious and holy. I praise you for being fearless, powerful, loving, and self-disciplined, and I thank you for giving me your spirit. I praise you that you are able to guard what I have entrusted to you, and I thank you for revealing yourself to me. Lord, I pray that I would not be ashamed to tell others about Jesus Christ, and I pray that you will grow my trust in you and be bold in sharing the Gospel. Lord, please teach me to carefully guard the Truth you have revealed through the power of the Holy Spirit. I pray this in Jesus's Name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shane, I really like your blog, and just to let you know, I read it often. I don't know if this is possible, but maybe the links to your verses could open up to a new window. I could always just right click, but I thought I'd ask. I am thinking of keeping a spiritual blog myself. Is there a guide you follow for daily study or do pick out the topic yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Thanks for the comments. I will look into the pop-up option.

    My daily Scriptural diet has recently become: (1) the chapter of Proverbs for whatever day of the month it is, (2) one Gospel chapter (starting with Matthew and chewing until John), and (3) two chapters of non-Gospel NT (starting with Acts and chewing until Revelation). This diet allows me to go through the book of Proverbs each month and the whole NT four times annually.

    ReplyDelete