Thursday, February 21, 2008

blood and consequences

Romans 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.  
Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the Lord."
Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
Romans 3:22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
It's so logical: everyone has sinned; the penalty for our sin is death; Christ's blood (i.e., life) was spent to pay our penalty; and our broken relationship with God can be mended by believing into Jesus!
 
Consequently, we are to live differently:
Leviticus 18:1 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 "Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. I am the Lord your God. 3 So do not act like the people in Egypt, where you used to live, or like the people of Canaan, where I am taking you. You must not imitate their way of life. 4 You must obey all my regulations and be careful to obey my decrees, for I am the Lord your God. 5 If you obey my decrees and my regulations, you will find life through them. I am the Lord.
It is out of our relationship with the true God and knowing Him (Yahweh) that we will not live like people of the world.  Rather, we will live in obedience by grace, and in so doing, we will realize His Life!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to me.  Jesus, thank you for paying my death penalty!  Holy Spirit, thank you for filling me with your presence and leading me to walk in obedience.  I pray that I will please you today, and I ask this in the name of the one who purchased my freedom, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment