Tuesday, February 26, 2008

order

 
Perhaps a consequence of my civil engineering training, I was intrigued this morning by the specific marching orders and camping layout prescribed by God.  So, I sketched a conceptual plan-view of the Israelite's camp and marching order.  I think it is fascinating that the tribe of Judah is listed first ("coincidentally," Christ is the firstfruit of resurrection), and all of Jacob and Rachel's offspring camped together.
 
I think about all the scales of order in the universe - combinations of:
 

quarks

sub-atomic particles

atoms

molecules

materials

(organic)

(inorganic)

organelles

geo. formations

cells

planets

tissues

solar systems

organs

galaxies

humans

 

families

 

tribes

 

nations

 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that you are a God of details.  I know you care about the details of my life because you created the fractal nature of the universe.  God, I know that you have a good plan for my life, and I pray that you will exact your will for me.  May I be careful to follow the order you have prescribed.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment