Monday, February 11, 2008

preistly stuff

 
Whew! There are a lot of details in these chapters.  One thing's for certain, God is particular about His particulars.
 
This is my favorite chunk from today's reading:
29:42 "These burnt offerings are to be made each day from generation to generation. Offer them in the Lord's presence at the Tabernacle entrance; there I will meet with you and speak with you. 43 I will meet the people of Israel there, in the place made holy by my glorious presence. 44 Yes, I will consecrate the Tabernacle and the altar, and I will consecrate Aaron and his sons to serve me as priests. 45 Then I will live among the people of Israel and be their God, 46 and they will know that I am the Lord their God. I am the one who brought them out of the land of Egypt so that I could live among them. I am the Lord their God.
Wow!  Extending this to the NT is pretty sweet!  It is His Holy Spirit inside us that makes our "Tabernacle" holy.  And when we offer ourselves as living sacrifices to Him and meet with Him each morning and evening, then we will know that He is Yahweh our God!
 
Question:  Scripture teaches that we are to live as sacrifices, and it also teaches that we are each His temple, but is there any reference to us being an altar?
 
life application
I need to be consistent in reading my Bible, praying, and praising Him in the mornings and evenings.  Also, I need to continue to seek to live a life of holiness and allow Him to fill me with His glorious presence.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to us!  Jesus, thank you for being our High Priest and atoning sacrifice!  Lord, please help me live a life of holiness that honors your Name.  Lord, please forgive me for my complacency and distraction in this world.  May I be ever more devoted to your will above anything else.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment