Friday, March 28, 2008

inheritance

 
This passage defines the inheritance for several of the tribes.
 
I had a good chat with Brother Mike yesterday at lunch.  We talked about the three stages of Christian growth:
  1. Justification - pardoned from our grievances against God in a judicial sense because of Christ's sacrificial payment; positional sanctification; status changed from "enemy of God" to "child of God"; a regeneration of man's spirit (eating the Passover lamb)
  2. Sanctification - transformed by the renewing of our minds; changing desires from the things of the flesh to the things of the Kingdom (dispositional sanctification); a regeneration of man's soul (eating manna; eating the produce of the Promise Land)
  3. Glorification - complete resurrection with Christ; a regeneration of man's body
Their is an aspect of inheritance in each of these stages.  First, the one who believes into Jesus Christ receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as a down payment.  Second, the Believer learns to keep in step with the Holy Spirit (i.e., man's spirit is in harmony with the Holy Spirit).  Third, the Church (i.e., the Body of Christ, the collection of all of the Believers) is made into His temple where we abide with the Trinity forever.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for saving me from destruction and bringing me into your Kingdom as an adopted son of God and joint heir with Christ.  That is incredible!  Lord, I pray that you will mold me and shape me to look like my big Brother Jesus.  Father, I pray that you will clean me up and discipline me to be in harmony with the Holy Spirit.  I look forward to the day when you will complete my transformation and I will be entirely yours - a good and pleasing work of your hand.  Lord, may I live in response to this truth.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment