Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Achan

 
God told the Israelite army to completely destroy the city of Jericho (except for Rahab and everyone else in the scarlet room).  But a guy named Achan found some goodies that he liked more than obeying God, so he took them and hid them under his tent.  Uh oh!
 
After the battle of Jericho, the Israelite army went to take the city of Ai, but they got beat back because of the guilt of Achan.  Through a very public process, God revealed to the community that it was Achan, and God told them to destroy him by fire.  What really gets me is that they stoned and burned his children with him.  Man, that's rough!  It is another sobering reality that as the husband (and future father), my decisions have direct implications for the welfare of my children.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for the sake of my wife and future family that you sanctify me rapidly.  Please don't let me do stupid stuff like Achan did.  Oh Lord, have mercy on me.  I am a wicked and depraved man, and I need you to clean me up.  Lord, please save me from myself, and save me from destruction.  I pray that you will glorify yourself through my life, and I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment