Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Korah's rebellion

 
This is one of my favorite OT passagas, not just because of the content, but because of the first discipler that taught this passage to me.
 
It's kind of like an old western showdown.  I'll stand here, you stand there, and the last man standing wins.  The earth opened up, swallowed the bad guys, and closed back up again.
 
Here are a couple of heavy lessons from the story:
  1. You will experience severe consequences for rebelling against the LORD's appointed leadership
  2. A family will experience some or all of the bad consequences from a father's rebellion
  3. God is merciful, even in the face of audacious rebellion
In light of these observations, I must take great care to be the spirtual leader of my family that God wants me to be.  I must be very careful to obey Him with my whole existence.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for being merciful.  Lord, thank you for showing me mercy - over and over again.  God, I want to honor you by fulfilling the responsibilities you've given me.  I want to fit into your plan exactly the way you have designed me to participate.  Lord, help me be diligent and obedient, and help me enjoy life today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment