Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

33:29 Blessed are you, O Israel!
       Who is like you,
       a people saved by the LORD ?
       He is your shield and helper
       and your glorious sword.
       Your enemies will cower before you,
       and you will trample down their high places.
As we consider the Easter Celebration, this verse at the end of Moses's blessing is so relevant.  We have been saved from destruction; we have been chosen as objects of Grace.  This appreciation of Grace is not without expectation or application:
1:6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
God has a good plan for each of us, and as we are faithfully seeking Him (according to the riches of His Grace), He reveals that plan to us and calls us into obedient fellowship with Him.  There is a tight relationship between knowing God's objective/written Word (Scriptures) and discerning His subjective/spoken direction that is applicable to our moment-by-moment situation.
 
As I consider the position of leadership that the Lord has called me to serve at our local congregation (Bible Life teacher), this imperative to Joshua is very applicable.  I can sort of identify with Joshua: he was left in charge after his famous predecessor, Moses.  Well, my previous Bible Life teacher (Rob) is outstanding, and it is somewhat intimidating to start a new Bible Life group with people who have been in his class.  I need to be consistent in my faith so that the Spirit will use me to lead others to a closer walk with Christ and experience the joy of a victorious, abundant life.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for the celebration of our risen Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus, please help me be more and more excited about your resurrection life and that you fill us with your Holy Spirit and that same power that raised you from the dead.  God, I pray that your power would flow through me - that I would express Christ and that your love would spill into the lives of those around me.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, who died and rose again.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment