Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jesus is my Salvation

 
Yahweh not only lead the Israelites into battle, He fought for them:
  • He threw the Amorites into confusion for a great victory at Gibeon
  • He hurled large hailstones down on their enemies
  • He held the sun and moon still for about a day so that the battle could continue
  • When many armies came together to attack Israel, He "handed all of them over to Israel, slain"
There are a couple of points that really stick out to me from this passage.  First, Yahweh is our Salvation!
10:8 "Do not be afraid of them," the Lord said to Joshua, "for I have given you victory over them. Not a single one of them will be able to stand up to you." ... 24 When they brought them out, Joshua told the commanders of his army, "Come and put your feet on the kings' necks." And they did as they were told. 25 "Don't ever be afraid or discouraged," Joshua told his men. "Be strong and courageous, for the Lord is going to do this to all of your enemies."
And second, we are instructed to obey; God will show us victorious when we, in faith, demonstrate single-minded obedience!
11:15 As the Lord had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua. And Joshua did as he was told, carefully obeying all the commands that the Lord had given to Moses.
The name Jesus is a derivative of the name Joshua, which means "Yahweh is Salvation."
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, by faith in Christ Jesus, I trust you for eternal salvation.  I trust you with my life, that you will redeem me from destruction.  Lord, I know that you are mighty to save, and I know that you desire to save your people.  I pray that I will be obedient to your call, that you may defeat the Enemy in my life.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment