Thursday, March 13, 2008

spring break

It has been both an encouraging and challenging half-spring break.  We drove back to the flatlands on Sunday after I taught Sunday School.  When we were a couple of hours out, I called our former Sunday School teachers from our church that we attended in undergrad.  We were able to meet with them, and it was such an encouraging visit!  One of the things they mentioned was the formation of a new congregation by a Brother that I fellowshiped with in undergrad.  It sounds very exciting, and I look forward to visiting with him about it: Experience Life.
 
On Monday, I had the opportunity to visit with one of my professors from undergrad.  As I was driving over to meet him, I prayed that the Lord would give me guidance and vision from the meeting and that it would be a profitable meeting; specifically, I asked Him to clarify/confirm my interest in a professorship.  Wouldn't you know it, my former professor said maybe a dozen times, "I strongly encourage PhD students to apply for faculty positions."  Well, that definitely sounds like a confirmation to me.
 
Another wonderful opportunity afforded me in this brief vacation was to evaluate the activities/priorities in my life while enjoying the agriculture, communities, and scenery that I call "home".  Let me tell you, we saw some of the most gorgeous sunsets while we were there!  As I consider how the Lord has grown me since my Awakening two and a half years ago, I realize that I still lack so much.  From this point forward, I resolve to devote more emphasis to being a genuine, devoted, man of God who demonstrates humility, integrity, and leadership.  Objectives from that goal are the following: 
 
1) to grow daily in my walk with Christ,
2) to demonstrate a life of servant leadership to my wife (and family),
3) to lead boldly in growing Disciples in the congregation where the Lord has placed me and lead others to a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus,
4) to demonstrate integrity in my vocation and allow Christ to bless the nations through me, and
5) to be a sincere and transparent friend.
 
According to His infinite Grace, may it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment