Friday, March 7, 2008

Balak and Balaam

 
Oh, that my operation would be like that of Balaam:
22:18 But Balaam responded to Balak's messengers, "Even if Balak were to give me his palace filled with silver and gold, I would be powerless to do anything against the will of the Lord my God.
I want my objective to be the simple obedience of Yahweh my God.  Of course, as in the life of Balaam, verbal confession is much simpler than practical obedience, and we often are so egocentric in our limited perspective that it takes an extraordinary intervention from the LORD for us to pay careful attention.
 
Like Balak, the enemy of our souls is begging us to curse God's people, and he provides opportunity after opportunity.  But we must, like Balaam, seek the LORD's will in each and every circumstance so that God will use us to bless His people where the devil begged a curse.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you would bless your people through me today.  May I be your mouthpiece of blessing; may I never curse.  Lord, may the devil be defeated in my life today, and may I never give in to the lusts of this world.  May I demonstrate single-minded obedience to your call on my life.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment