Friday, March 6, 2009

farmland

Psalm 65, Proverbs 6

The joy and hope of Salvation:

 3 Though we are overwhelmed by our sins,
      you forgive them all.
 4 What joy for those you choose to bring near,
      those who live in your holy courts.
   What festivities await us
      inside your holy Temple.
 5 You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds,
      O God our savior.
   You are the hope of everyone on earth,
      even those who sail on distant seas.

I love Scriptures that relate to the farm:

 9 You take care of the earth and water it,
      making it rich and fertile.
   The river of God has plenty of water;
      it provides a bountiful harvest of grain,
      for you have ordered it so.
 10 You drench the plowed ground with rain,
      melting the clods and leveling the ridges.
   You soften the earth with showers
      and bless its abundant crops.
 11 You crown the year with a bountiful harvest;
      even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.
 12 The grasslands of the wilderness become a lush pasture,
      and the hillsides blossom with joy.
 13 The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep,
      and the valleys are carpeted with grain.
      They all shout and sing for joy!

As I read about the faithfulness of God to care for the earth, I pray that the Lord will bless the fields and crops that my dad and my brother farm.  But as I read this Scripture, I think the soil represents my heart, the rain represents His spirit, and the crops represent the Fruit of the Spirit - crops of righteousness.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are the hope of every individual from every nation.  Lord, you cause us to shout for joy because you are so good!  Father, I pray that you will soften the soil of my heart with daily Spiritual rain.  May the condition of my heart be fertile soil so that your Word will be planted, take root, grow, and produce a great harvest!  Lord, I pray that you will help me share the blessing of you with others.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment