Friday, March 27, 2009

beautiful morning

Psalm 86, Proverbs 27

As we begin the Global Impact Celebration in our congregation this evening, I am reminded of God's heart for the nations:

 9 All the nations you made
      will come and bow before you, Lord;
      they will praise your holy name.
 10 For you are great and perform wonderful deeds.
      You alone are God.

Last night at our small group Bible study, we talked about the early church leaders distilling the whole Levitical law down to four points in Acts 15.  One of the guys in our group summarized, "God has written His law on our hearts." 

 11 Teach me your ways, O Lord,
      that I may live according to your truth!
   Grant me purity of heart,
      so that I may honor you.
 12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
      I will give glory to your name forever,
 13 for your love for me is very great.
      You have rescued me from the depths of death.

Who is the Lord?  What is He like?

 15 But you, O Lord,
      are a God of compassion and mercy,
   slow to get angry
      and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are compassionate and merciful.  This is your character.  You are patient and kind, overflowing with faithful and sacrificial love.  Dear Father, I beg you to teach me your ways and make me like you so that I may live out your character.  Lord, as my heart reflects my person, I ask you to purify my heart so that I may honor you.  I praise your name, Yahweh, because you are worthy to be praised forever.  Thank you for rescuing me from death and destruction.  Please use me as you rescue others and bring them to salvation so that all the nations may praise your name!  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment