Thursday, March 12, 2009

knowing Him

Psalm 71, Proverbs 12

 14 But I will keep on hoping for your help;
      I will praise you more and more.
 15 I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
      All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
      though I am not skilled with words.
 16 I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord.
      I will tell everyone that you alone are just.

I think it is easy for us to approach this text objectively and intellectually, but I want to experience the heart of these words!  I want to subjectively experience the Lord and know Him so that I can honestly say these things!

Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to me through your Word and through prayer.  Father, I pray that you will continue to reveal yourself to me and let me experience you.  Lord, I want to know you and love you.  I pray that I will grow in hoping in you.  Lord, may I praise you all day long because you are so alive in my life.  Father, you alone are just.  I love you, and I want to know you more.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment