Monday, March 2, 2009

shelter

Psalm 61, Proverbs 2

We had a great weekend teaching Bible studies at my Brother's church.  I had the opportunity to hang out with four high school guys, and I was humbled as I got to know them.  I'm so stinking proud; it's disgusting.

As I consider all of the stuff that I need to accomplish in the very near term, and as I consider the task of completing my degree, I am entirely overwhelmed.  I pray that I will begin to understand these verses:

 1 O God, listen to my cry!
      Hear my prayer!
 2 From the ends of the earth,
      I cry to you for help
      when my heart is overwhelmed.
   Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
    3 for you are my safe refuge,
      a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
 4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
      safe beneath the shelter of your wings!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to try to minister to the students this weekend.  Lord, I ask that you continue to grow them in faith, hope, and love.   Lord, please help me.  I am really overwhelmed by my responsibilities.  Please let me find shelter in you.  Lord, please empower me to do your will.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment