Thursday, March 5, 2009

battle

Psalm 64, Proverbs 5

As I read in Proverbs about the foolishness and death of sexual immorality, and as I read in Psalms about the wicked attacking the righteous, I am reminded that we are in a battle for our souls and minds.  The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but praise God because Jesus has defeated him!  This battle is for life and death - it is mortal combat!

10 The godly will rejoice in the Lord
      and find shelter in him.
   And those who do what is right
      will praise him.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the victory in Christ Jesus!  Lord, I praise you because you are so loving and kind, and I rejoice in you because your love is better than life.  Lord, may I find shelter in you.  I pray that I will do what is right out of love for you, and that you will continue to crush Satan under the feet of the Church.  Hallelujah!   I pray in the victorious name of Jesus Christ, the Lamb whose death killed Death.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment