Monday, March 23, 2009

God cares for the poor

Psalm 82, Proverbs 23

Psalm 82
 3 "Give justice to the poor and the orphan;
      uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute.
 4 Rescue the poor and helpless;
      deliver them from the grasp of evil people.


Proverbs 23
 10 Don't cheat your neighbor by moving the ancient boundary markers;
      don't take the land of defenseless orphans.
 11 For their Redeemer is strong;
      he himself will bring their charges against you.

Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are just and righteous.  I love you, and I thank you for loving everyone, especially the poor and helpless.  You are so kind, and your justice is trustworthy.  I pray that I will cooperate with you and take up your mission to preach the Good News to the poor and bind up the brokenhearted.  Lord, may you be glorified in me today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment