Monday, March 30, 2009

missions

Psalm 90, Proverbs 31

We had a great Global Impact Celebration this weekend.  We had missionaries from thirteen locations around the world, and one of the most helpful and valuable times was hearing a report from one of the teams in a closed country in South Asia that Brandi and I regularly pray for.  This report really helped me see how I can better pray for them.

I pray this verse from my reading in Psalms this morning:

 16 Let us, your servants, see you work again;
      let our children see your glory.

Every time I read Proverbs 31, I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a Proverbs 31 wife.

As Brandi and I see the fields ready for the harvest, we pray that the Lord will call us where He desires us to be.  And we pray that the Lord will use our child to advance His Kingdom.

Heavenly Father, you are good, and you are the creator and God of this universe.  We pray that you will call more workers to the harvest, and we pray that you will use us and our children to accomplish your good will - for your glory.  Lord, thank you for such a sweet and strong wife who loves you and is growing in your Truth.  Lord, please guard my family, and continue to lead us along your path of righteousness for your namesake.  I pray that you will bless the missionaries, and especially those in closed countries, with your presence and power.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment