Tuesday, March 10, 2009

experiencing the victory

Psalm 69, Proverbs 10

This morning at the men's Bible study at our church, one of our pastors drew a sketch/illustration that is very helpful.  He drew a little stick figure person walking along a timeline with God existing inside/outside time-space and Satan confined within time.  As God sets up a goal of Victory ahead of us in time, Satan throws out landmines of temptation and handgrenades of hurt between us and Victory, but as we are faithful to rely on God's grace through faith and the power of the Holy Spirit, we come through the trials and temptations to experience victory.  This is HOPE!  I continue to persevere because I know that God is in control and because He WILL bring me into VICTORY because of Jesus Christ!  Hallelujah!  King David said:

13 But I keep praying to you, Lord,
      hoping this time you will show me favor.
   In your unfailing love, O God,
      answer my prayer with your sure salvation.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace and your promises on which I hope.  Lord, I know that you are faithful, and you are bringing me into the Victory of Jesus Christ!  God, you are so good, and your love endures forever.  Empower me to be an overcomer, even today.  I ask in the powerful name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment