Tuesday, March 3, 2009

hope and salvation

Psalm 62, Proverbs 3

Whew!  Man, I love Psalm 62!  It gets me pumped!

 1 I wait quietly before God,
      for my victory comes from him.
 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will never be shaken. ...
 5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
      for my hope is in him.
 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will not be shaken.
 7 My victory and honor come from God alone.
      He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
 8 O my people, trust in him at all times.
      Pour out your heart to him,
      for God is our refuge.

This morning we had a great time at our first meeting on the study of The Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn.  The Purity Principle is simple:

"Purity is always smart.  Impurity is always stupid."

A quote that a guy at our table shared this morning:

"What you do in moderation, your children will do in excess."

Two points that I walked away with this morning:
  • What motivates us to Purity?
  • Love for God and love for my wife
  • Fear of God and His wrath
  • Reward and blessings of righteousness
  • If you don't kill impurity, it will kill you.  This is mortal combat.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are so gracious and kind.  You are so wonderful and loving.  Lord, thank you for being my hope, my salvation, and my refuge.  Lord, please help me build my life on the Rock of Jesus Christ because in you I will never be shaken.  Lord, please advance your Kingdom in me and through me today.  I love you, and I bless your name.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment