Thursday, September 17, 2009

the Cross of Christ

John 10, Galatians 6

J 10:10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. ... 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

G 6:8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. ... 12 It is those who want to make a good showing in the flesh who would force you to be circumcised, and only in order that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ. ...14But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. ... 17From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. 18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

Heavenly Father, thank you for releasing your ZOE life to me through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Lord, thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit the instant that I first Believed, but Lord, I beg you to anoint me and fill me with the Holy Spirit to obey the law of Christ.  Holy Spirit, please lead me to crucify my sinful nature with its passions and desires and keep in step with you.  Lord God, I love you, and I want to serve you, even today.  Please use me for your glory; may I proclaim the beauty and love of the Cross of Christ.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment