Friday, September 25, 2009

more joy

John 19, Philippians 2

I sat next to a guy named Alex on the bus this morning.  I sat next to him a few days ago, but he told me today that he didn't want to interrupt me the other day because I was reading the Bible.  We had a great conversation about how God has blessed us in knowing Him and serving him.  He shared about how he put his faith in Christ as a young boy, rebelled as a teenager, and repented later.  It was so encouraging to hear from another Brother who is conscious of the spiritual battle around us and sincerely devoted to following Christ and leading others to know and follow Him.

Paul explains that there is such a joy in our corporate cooperation with the Lord:

P 2:14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. 17 But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. 18 Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the sacrificial death of Christ, and for faith to trust Him for salvation.  Thank you for the joy of working with you.  The victory is in Jesus Christ!  Lord, please pour your victorious power through me, and may others see the joy of true life with you.  I pray in the name of Jesus - the name that is above every name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment