Friday, September 4, 2009

spiritual weaponry

Luke 22, 2 Corinthians 6

2 Cor 6:7 We faithfully preach the truth. God's power is working in us. We use the weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense.

From Ephesians 6, we can see the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) in the right hand and the Shield of Faith in the left.  We are not individual warriors, we are indwelled by His Spirit - a situation which requires holy living:

6:16 For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:

   "I will live in them
      and walk among them.
   I will be their God,
      and they will be my people.
 17 Therefore, come out from among unbelievers,
      and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.
   Don't touch their filthy things,
      and I will welcome you.
 18 And I will be your Father,
      and you will be my sons and daughters,
      says the Lord Almighty."

7:1 Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

Heavenly father, please help me see the spiritual battle that rages around me, and help me fight honorably.  Holy Spirit, please fill me and anoint me, and lead me in righteousness and holiness.  Please purify me body, soul, and spirit.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment