Tuesday, September 29, 2009

nourishment

Colossians 2

I have been impressed recently by the need to be constantly abiding in Christ and growing in Him.  It is so stinking easy to focus on the actions of praying, singing, reading, fellowshipping, but these are means, not ends.

 6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Heavenly Father, thank you for making my heart good soil for the Gospel to be planted.  Lord, thank you for grafting me into Christ; please help me abide in Him.  Holy Spirit, please produce your fruit in me.  Lord Jesus, I want to know you more and enjoy you.  Father, thank you for nourishing and cultivating my growth.  Please continue to take me deeper into you through your Word and prayer.  May I overflow with thankfulness so that people will see your goodness and experience you for themselves.  I love you, Lord, and I want to honor you today.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment