Wednesday, September 30, 2009

meditation

Colossians 3

I need to learn how to meditate.  It's not like there aren't any good passages to meditate on; I just get so busy during the day that I forget.  Somehow I need to learn how to reflect on a passage multiple times per day - all day - so that it will really soak in and water this wimpy tree so I can produce some Fruit!  Here's some good stuff:

 1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. ...  14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

You could soak on that for a week!  But I am much too OCD to do that; I have to stick to my reading schedule!

Heavenly Father, please help me soak on your Word.  Lord, I want to be obsessed with Christ and His message of love, grace, hope, and peace.  Lord Jesus, please pour into me so that I will overflow with singing about how good you are.  Holy Spirit, please produce your fruit in me!  Please help me be a thankful person.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment