Monday, August 23, 2010

first day of school

Psalm 113-115

Today is the first day of school for me as a professor.  As I was getting nervous last night, Brandi started telling me about some of her first days of school as a student and as a teacher.  I realized that most people are nervous on the first day.  But I also realized that the Lord has taken care of me at every step along the way, and I know that He will continue to carry me on. 

115:1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us
       but to your name be the glory,
       because of your love and faithfulness.

Last night, I was praying that the Lord would pour His Living Water through me, and that I would be a blessing to my students and the faculty with whom I work.  I believe that the Scripture that I read this morning was a confirmation:

 114:7 Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord,
      at the presence of the God of Jacob.
 8 He turned the rock into a pool of water;
      yes, a spring of water flowed from solid rock.

Heavenly Father, you have been so kind to me in so many ways.  Thank you for grace and mercy through Christ Jesus.  Thank you for giving me an education and a job to use that education.  Thank you for my supportive wife and family.  Thank you for the opportunity to be used by you to bless others.  May your Living Water flow through me.  I praise you, Lord, and I love you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment