Thursday, August 19, 2010

the Lord's character

Psalm 103-104

Do you want to know who the Lord is?  Do you want to know what He is like?  What is His character?

103:8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
       slow to anger, abounding in love.

 9 He will not always accuse,
       nor will he harbor his anger forever;

 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
       or repay us according to our iniquities.

 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
       so great is his love for those who fear him;

 12 as far as the east is from the west,
       so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

 13 As a father has compassion on his children,
       so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;


Heavenly Father, may my whole life praise you.  I pray that my heart, mind, soul, will, emotions, thoughts, and attitudes will all be unified with my spirit in fearing you and loving you.  Lord, you are mighty and awesome.  You are powerful, and you are still gracious and kind.  You are merciful, and your love is never ending.  Lord, thank you for being kind to me and my family.  I pray that my life will bless you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment