Tuesday, August 24, 2010

walking in His presence

Psalm 116-118

 116:3 Death wrapped its ropes around me;
      the terrors of the grave overtook me.
      I saw only trouble and sorrow.
 4 Then I called on the name of the Lord:
      "Please, Lord, save me!"
 5 How kind the Lord is! How good he is!
      So merciful, this God of ours!
 6 The Lord protects those of childlike faith;
      I was facing death, and he saved me.
 7 Let my soul be at rest again,
      for the Lord has been good to me.
 8 He has saved me from death,
      my eyes from tears,
      my feet from stumbling.
 9 And so I walk in the Lord's presence
      as I live here on earth!

This reminds me of Galatians 5:

 16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. ... 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.

I don't know how to make this a measurable goal, but my goal is to better listen to the Holy Spirit every day.  I want to be consciously aware of His presence and guidance every day.  I want to ask, listen, and obey - daily, hourly, minute-by-minute!

Heavenly Father, please draw me close to you.  Thank you for saving me from death and destruction, and thank you for giving me the Victory in Christ Jesus.  I pray that I will faithfully serve you and that you will be pleased and honored by my life.  Please purify the attitudes of my heart and the thoughts of my mind to dwell on you and be filled with you so that I will overflow your very Life!  I pray that others will sense your presence in my life and be drawn to you because "your faithful love endures forever".  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment