Monday, August 9, 2010

the Lord is my Shepherd

Psalm 77-78

Last night, I was so anxious and fearful of all of the things that I need to get done in my new job as an assistant professor that I couldn't sleep.  Brandi reminded me of Phil. 4:4-9, and I tried praying through it.  And this morning, the Lord reassured me through His Word that He has been faithful throughout my life and throughout all time, so I simply need to trust and walk by the power of the Spirit:

 77:20 You led your people like a flock
       by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

 78:15 He split the rocks in the desert
       and gave them water as abundant as the seas;

 16 he brought streams out of a rocky crag
       and made water flow down like rivers. ...

 52 But he brought his people out like a flock;
       he led them like sheep through the desert.

Heavenly Father, I trust you, and I give you this vocation.  Lord, I trust that you will provide for me as you have always provided.  May my life be an example of your goodness and kindness, and may I be faithful to seek you, listen to you, and obey you for your glory.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment