Wednesday, August 11, 2010

vision

Psalm 81-83

As I get rolling here at UTEP (filling out a ton of paperwork, preparing to teach, continuing in research, etc.), it is important for me to keep my priorities straight:

82:3 Give justice to the weak and the fatherless;
    maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked."

I believe that the Lord has given me a vision of helping people around the world (especially Spanish-speaking regions) gain access to improved water supply and sanitation.  In this way, I will cooperate with the Lord to fulfill this charge in Psalm 82:3-4.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the vision that you have given me.  I know that it is your dream, and I know that it will require many battles, but I know that you are victorious!  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your good work. I praise you, and I love you.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment