Monday, August 2, 2010

waiting quietly

Psalm 60-62

 60:1 I wait quietly before God,
      for my victory comes from him.
 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will never be shaken. ...
 5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
      for my hope is in him.

 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will not be shaken.
 7 My victory and honor come from God alone.
      He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
 8 O my people, trust in him at all times.
      Pour out your heart to him,
      for God is our refuge.

Yesterday was one of the highlights of my life, and simultaneously one of the most heart-wrenching.  The Lord has blessed us so richly through the body of Christ at Great Hills.  I had the privilege of guest teaching in the Pursuit class yesterday morning, and I was so thankful.  The Lord gave me a challenge of holiness - the pursuit of Christ by gaining more of Him and shedding everything of this world.

In the corporate service, I had the great privilege and honor of standing in the baptistry with my Brother Tan as he was baptized.  His bold profession of faith was powerful to hear.  I know that the Lord will do mighty things through him.

In the afternoon, our Brothers and Sisters held a going-away party for us, and it was so wonderful to fellowship together.  Brandi and I were blown away by their generous gifts!  But more than that, we are so grateful for how the Lord has woven together our very lives.  We shared many tears.  I look forward to the day when we can celebrate His goodness together forever!

As I think about all of the dear friends that we are going to miss in Austin, I am overwhelmed.  As I look forward to all of the things that I need to do today before we leave, I am overwhelmed.  As I think about living in a new place, in a new culture, and going to work at a new job, I am overwhelmed.

Heavenly Father, let all that I am wait quietly and patiently on you, because you are the true prize.  Lord Jesus, you are the Way!  Holy Spirit, please comfort our broken hearts, and strengthen my Brothers and Sisters, that we may all grow deeper into Christ.  Lord Jesus, please gain more of  us through this process!  We need  you, Lord!  We need your life!  May your grace and mercy pour through us, and may your Love be shown in our lives.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment