Monday, September 20, 2010

all work and no play

Ecc. 4-6, Romans 5

 5:18 Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life. 19 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. 20 God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past.


I realize that I've been working too hard.  It is tough to find a balance between working hard at the beginning of a job so that I can get things rolling, but the truth is, I need to make sure that I am operating sustainably.  I need to make sure that I am getting appropriate nutrition, rest, and exercise.  I have stressed myself out the last few weeks.  I need to chill out, trust God to provide, and enjoy the life that the Lord has given me.

Heavenly Father, teach me to number my days.  I love you, and I want to walk with you.  I don't want my ambition to be focused on anything other than knowing Christ and living the life that you want for me.  I want to walk with you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. that's totally something God has been working in my heart.....understanding I need a Sabbath. not a day when i break my neck going to church for 3 or 4 hours on Sunday but a day of complete rest in Him. God rested after He created the world and I have struggled to understand I need to do the same after i labor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it seems like if you are involved in leadership in church meetings on Sunday, then Saturday is the best option for a Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete