Monday, September 27, 2010

the Gospel in Isaiah

Isaiah 3-4, Romans 11

Isa 1:16 Wash yourselves and be clean!
      Get your sins out of my sight.
      Give up your evil ways.
 17 Learn to do good.
      Seek justice.
   Help the oppressed.
      Defend the cause of orphans.
      Fight for the rights of widows.
18
"Come now, let's settle this,"
      says the Lord.
   "Though your sins are like scarlet,
      I will make them as white as snow.
   Though they are red like crimson,
      I will make them as white as wool.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and grace.  Lord, please wash me with your Word, and give me faith to obey you.  Lord, please use me to extend the ministry of Christ. May I practice good deeds for your honor.  May I seek justice in my heart, life, and community.  Lord, may I be a champion for the oppressed, orphan, and widow.  Lord, please use me to shine in the darkness.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment