Thursday, September 16, 2010

snow in the summer

Proverbs 25-26, Romans 4

25:13 Trustworthy messengers refresh like snow in summer.
      They revive the spirit of their employer.

26:1 Honor is no more associated with fools
      than snow with summer or rain with harvest.

I remember one time it snowed at the end of April my sophomore year in college (it may have even been the beginning of May).  I was in my fifth-floor dorm room working on homework with some buddies, and I looked out the window into the courtyard and thought I must have been imagining things.  But sure enough, it was 70 or 80 degrees outside, and here it was large white snowflakes gently swirling and falling to the ground!  Indeed, it was one of the most refreshing moments.  I smiled about it for the rest of the week.

Heavenly Father, may I be an honest man of integrity.  Lord, I pray that I will be a faithful messenger.  May I never be foolish, and may I honor you because of the character of Christ in me.  I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment